- Public Transit (i.e. bus system)
- Trains Metro North Railroad and Amtrak (5 min. drive)
- The Galleria Mall is home to Macy’s, J.C. Penney, Target, Old Navy, and much more.
- Family-friendly restaurants such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Wendy’s, McDonalds, Starbucks and Panera Bread
- Food Retailers such as Adams Fairacre Farms, Stop & Shop, and more.
The Town of Poughkeepsie is also home to Vassar College, one of the nation’s finest liberal arts colleges. Our Town is also home to Marist College and Dutchess Community College
- Arlington’s public school system is highly rated in the area. There are also private schools in the area. For more information about the schools here and in the surrounding areas, use the following resources:
- Arlington School District http://arlingtonschools.org/pages/arlington_schools/District
- Poughkeepsie Day School https://poughkeepsieday.org/
- Our Lady of Lourdes link: http://www.ollchs.org/
- Vassar College, Marisa College, Culinary Institute of America
Poughkeepsie Town Information
- Too many to list here, see: poughkeepsietownrec.com http://www.walkway.org/ to learn more about our community activities and events.
- Office of the aging for senior citizens http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/Countygov/departments/aging/agindex.htm#
- Adriance Memorial Library, public services https://poklib.org/
- Please follow the link: dutchesstourism.com
- Spratt park
- Vassar College Park
- Regal Cinemas located in Poughkeepsie Galleria mall
- Take a walk along the beautiful Hudson River, a short drive away
- Bardavon Opera House http://www.bardavon.org/
- Civic center located in the Poughkeepsie’s central business district.